Monday, November 18, 2013
Adik Adam was hospitalized last week due to suspected pneumonia. We 'vacationed' with 3 big bags and countless fun. Basically, bronco-pneumonia will include 3 days at the hospital, pneumonia will involve 5 days stay. However, it all depends on the doctor and the baby's recovery time.
Got some problem since I brought stuffs only for 3 days and we end up have to stay at the hospital for 5 days. Sib baik ayah balek. Kalau tidak, ada yang tak cukup baju.
So pengajaran, bawak bag with extra clothes and keep it in the car just in case the 'vacation' got extended.
Based on my experiences, these are the things that you need to bring to the hospital.
Everything calculated for 3 days stay :
1) Mummy's clothes. Minimal, since you are staying in the hospital...but do calculate for spills and vomits.
2) Baby and toddler's clothes. Extra trousers for the patient.
3) Diapers, extra for the sick one since usually broncolitis/pneumonia antibiotics can induce diaarhea.
4) A few toys. Choose wisely coz you might not leave the hospital after arriving and having a toddler asking incessantly about a teddy bear that is left behind is not fun.
5) Snacks - biscuits, nuts, apples, anything that can be kept for a few days. Do not introduce these all at the same time. Bring one by one out to pacify the toddler when he starts doing strange things.
6) Extra blankets. Instead of extra blankets, I bring 2-3 pieces of kain batik. It can be used as a cover, in place of actual blankets or even as a tent. Don't ask!
7) Phone charger.
8) Wet wipes.
9) Water bottles/Milk powder for the toddler.
10) Patience. Lot's and lot's of it.
11) Adventurous feeling. You will need it.
12) Playfulness. Well, we did have a fun time staying there amidst the vomiting, diaarhea, iv, neb times.
Extra (to be put in extra bag and stashed in the boot of the car).
1) Extra clothes for mummy, toodler and baby, calculate for additional 3 days each.
2) Extra diapers, extra is the main keyword here. I think I bring about half a bag of diapers. Hehehe.
Basically I segregate all the items into 3 bags.
1 bag for baby/toddler clothes/diapers.
1 bag for mummy stuffs.
1 bag for the snacks/toys/whatever that are NOT clothes and diapers. Easier to hide it so that the toddler could not find the toys/snacks.
Of course, the Disney Junior channel helps a lot!!
I am now a fan of Pocoyo and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series. Hehehe.
So, in the event that like me, you find yourself need to bring the entire battalion to the hospital for a vacation.......be brave and smile a lot. Many people will help you to carry your bags. ;)
Links to this post:
The race of man shall perish, but the eyes
Of trilobytes eternal in stone,
And seem to stare about in mild surprise
At changes greater than they have yet known.
- T.A. Conrad
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake,
excerp from Auguries of Innocence.