Monday, December 03, 2012
Huhuhu...dah masuk the big 70 dah. Baby baru tak sampai sekg. No need to guess on the location of the rest of the volume lah kan.
Anyway, semalam pegi Baby Expo kat MV.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy much better than the one held in PWTC previously. In MV, choices ada byk and much, much more shops.
So, these are some tips if you want to go to Baby Expo when you are expecting and with a little toddler.
1) List all that you NEED to buy and all that you WISH to buy. Prioritize.
2) Go out early. You will need to fight for parking space.
3) Eat!! All of the troupe members will need their energy.
4) Make sure that you have enough pocket money. If the Finance permits, ask for his CC also (for emergency purposes only) and make sure you can tiru his signature. :D
5) Appoint him as the Master of the Toddler(s). Give him all the raiments and stuffs required to take care of the little boy(s) (eg: susu, air minum, titbits, diapers, pacifier, rotan, etc)
6) If required, then segregate and conquer. Meaning the Master of the Toddler will retreat with his minion(s) to rest and recover, while Mistress of the Shopping will continue her quest.
7) Get the lat/long of the Master of the Toddler(s) and his minions. You might need to pass the treasures to him to guard while you go and search for more.
8) Make sure both of you have fully charged handphone with MMS enabled. You might need to pass to him some pix of the treasures for his approval before acquiring it.
9) Look for booths with long queues and many people. Usually it signifies that it provide good discounts. Do not queue yet, memorize the place so that you can come back later when it is less crowded.
10) For items like baby car seat, cots, high chairs and the likes, do not buy at the first shop that offers it. Browse and memorize the shops that have potentials. Come back later and then start haggling for better price.
11) Test, test, test for items in number 10. Honggaq (meaning rock to test the sturdiness of the item) if need be because some of the items are only put on sale because of defects.
12) Do remember to buy some new toy(s) for the minion(s). Even tho you are dead tired, when you arrived home and unveil the toy to your son, you will be very glad to see his face light up to see it.
13) Lastly, your partner and you will need A LOT of patience. Do bring plenty of it to the expo.
Well, we managed to buy some of items in the NEED list and WISH list. Tho still could not find the baby chair that we envisioned.
Anyway, Asyraf did have a lot of fun playing with his balloon, chasing kakaks, abangs and helping to carry little adik's new supply of diapers. Sampai rumah, main kejap wt Mikael, minum susu separuh botol and then sleep from 6:30 pm to this morning. That shows how tired he was helping Ibu and Ayah to shop. ;)
Links to this post:
The race of man shall perish, but the eyes
Of trilobytes eternal in stone,
And seem to stare about in mild surprise
At changes greater than they have yet known.
- T.A. Conrad
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake,
excerp from Auguries of Innocence.