Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Hello! My full name is Boocheeboo, which means "My Angel" in Stitch language. I am so named since I had saved my owner quite a number of times from tight spots.
Well, you can call me either Boo or Katak (Frog). The latter is used by my owner's friends...since they found out that I am quite dexterous and able to either jump curbs or park in places that are unreachable by normal cars.
The reason that I write today? Well, I want to advertise for someone to fill in as my Godmother of Godfather. My owner is okay by her own rights, but well, a car always need something extra. Not to judge her or say anything against her, but she IS TOTALLY CLUELESS about a car's maintenance.
Experience number 1 :The car technician had to change the car battery since she is clueless abt the battery water. She had let those dried up. Hmpphhhh.
Experience number 2 :When the car technician asked her when was the last time that she had changed my gear fluid and brake fluid, she was flabbergasted. "Those things got fluids???" she whines while opening her wallet and searching for the credit cards she had inside. I was cringing at the time, especially with a cute Morris Minor beside me.
Experience number 3 :Someone told her that there are some sounds coming from the frontal area of me. She had just told her friends that she had never heard anything, ergo I do not need any checkup. Sheeshhhh!!
Based on these few experiences and countless others that even I, an inanimate object is really embarrassed to list, I would like to advertise for a position of a joint caretaker between you and my current owner. In layman term, a Godmother or a Godfather for me.
The benefits would be :
1) Able to drive me around as required (during my owner's off working time ).
2) Ability to harass my owner 24x7x396.
3) Have a say in decorating me.
4) My owner will pay with food everytime I finished my maintenance date.
5) Did I say able to harass my owner all the time?
Job Scope :
1) Remind my owner to do car maintenance. (Well, I cannot simply contact the maintenance center by myself, can I? Try to push the tiny buttons on the handphone with your tyre...)
2) To be around during maintenance time and provide emotional support so that she would not be teary eyed and sniffling when the bills come. (Better if you can provide her the cash, but emotional support is also welcome)
3) Provide good advice for any maintenance requirements.
4) Clobber her on the side of the head when she whines that I 'eat' more than she do (May be I should put this on the benefits list....)
Links to this post:
The race of man shall perish, but the eyes
Of trilobytes eternal in stone,
And seem to stare about in mild surprise
At changes greater than they have yet known.
- T.A. Conrad
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake,
excerp from Auguries of Innocence.