Thursday, June 25, 2009
What is so captivating about Twilight (both movie & the book series)?
Well, I would say....the star-crossed lovers.
Why? Coz they are not supposed to fall in love, they are actually prohibited to love...and yet they are drawn inexorably towards each other.
One....a vampire, that is always aloft, never falled in love in his nearly a century existence. A human friendly vampire, so heartbreakingly beautiful....a fallen leonine angel.
Another....a down to earth, responsible girl with so many insecurities and could never see herself as other than common.
Together, they are beautiful. So protective of each other until they are willing to sacrifice their life to protect their partner and yet each do not resent the others' constraints. So true to each other, that they are willing to fight the world for their love. They are the new Romeo and Juliet.
Why girls love Edward Cullen.
1) Loves her unconditionally.
2) He is very protective.
3) A gentleman (sex after marriage is a good example) and a gentle man (croons to Bella when she is down).
4) Accepts that he would never understand her.
5) Confident of himself.
6) He makes her laugh.
7) Puts her well-being higher above himself.
8) Able to restraint himself, at his own cost.
9) Plays piano (okay this is harder to explain. for ladies, we are always attracted to the arty types...they are more sensitive to our feelings and accept our tears readily. also, piano players always have beautiful sensitive hands/fingers, against our skins, these gentle hands are a godsend. for computer techies, soft and sure typing at the keyboard are also ok, but pounding at the keyboards, swearing while pressing on the Del key is really not)
Why guys love Bella Swan.
1) Loves him unconditionally.
2) She accepts him as he is, even tho he is a monster.
3) Did not play love games, she told him that she loves him and really meant it.
4) She makes him laugh.
Why parents love Edward Cullen and Bella Swan.
1) Both are virgins and remained virgins until they get married.
Please be assured that the above are only from my viewpoint. I do not assume that I know Stephenie Meyer's characters inside and out, she is the author and would most understand the internal working of her characters.
I would be mostly correct in saying that most ladies expect the guys to take some control of her life (some is the keyword). This do not mean that she is weak or meek, but it is heady to meet a guy that is confident of himself and protective of the ladies. Exasperating....but heady.
So guys, take note. ;)
Of course, Edward Cullen is also a most perfect vampire around. Don't be sad tho, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....and women eyes are usually lead by her heart.
Well, except for Robert Pattinson....with those other worldly face, shy eyes, beautiful hairs, accents and bod....yummy! Weird looking but yummy nonetheless.
Links to this post:
The race of man shall perish, but the eyes
Of trilobytes eternal in stone,
And seem to stare about in mild surprise
At changes greater than they have yet known.
- T.A. Conrad
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake,
excerp from Auguries of Innocence.