Thursday, May 11, 2006
Sha, this blog is for you.
There are a number of requests about the location of shops selling beads in Kuala Lumpur. Among the places that I frequented are :
1) Yi Xin - located near Plaza Warisan, Central Market.
2) A shop that sell loose semi-precious stones and customized jewellery items in Ground Floor, Ampang Park. Cannot remember the shop's name.
3) I also frequented the flea market at Subang Parade.
4) A hobby shop in Subang Parade, highest floor. Still cannot remember the name. But the shop sells beads, swarovski crystals, stitch making stuffs, knitting, etc.
5) Ground floor, Summit. Also cannot remember the shop's name.
Too old, I know how to go to these shops, but not the name of it. :(
For Swarovski components and tools such as crimp beads, lobster claws, jump rings; I bought them from the internet. Usually from Lelong.com or eBay.
My advise, haunt flea markets. There are usually some unique items or necklaces that you can salvage/redesigned. For example, I just bought a massager/roller made from agate stone from the Amcorp Mall flea market. What do I do with it? As of now, I have no idea! But it is a good conversation piece.
Am reading, the Da Vinci Code....just to refresh my memory before the movie.
Am listening, nothing. Just completed my presentation. Phew!
Will go back to my hometown, Penang starting tomorrow until 17 may 2006. Cheerios.
Links to this post:
The race of man shall perish, but the eyes
Of trilobytes eternal in stone,
And seem to stare about in mild surprise
At changes greater than they have yet known.
- T.A. Conrad
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake,
excerp from Auguries of Innocence.